Which Tombstone Tour would you like to take? Really solid ways to get familiar with the town of Tombstone, and its territorial surroundings. We have a summary of selections, helping you decide which are best for you and your family!
We love to take a stagecoach tour. They’re definitely a popular choice! Two companies travel different paths. Each one covers an alternate route through town. So if you do both, you won’t be duplicating!
There are also personal Tombstone walking tours, and Trolley Tours. The Mine Tour is our Best Recommendation! The town wouldn’t exist if the mine wasn’t discovered – after all! Try a tour that brings you to outlying areas. That’s a neat itinerary choice also. Let’s see what your options are…
Find an ATM in Tombstone AZ
Please Note – it’s good to have cash on hand for any Tombstone Tour while in town. Some of them do not take Credit Cards. You can get cash at a few places in town that have an ATM:
- O.K. Corral – To the left when you walk inside the door
- Vantage West Credit Union – Outside on the front wall. Take Toughnut Street West until you reach Sumner; make a left & it’s there on the left. You can park right in front of it.
- Visitor Center – Just inside the doorway
- Wyatt Earp’s Oriental Saloon – Aside the opening between the bar & gift shop, on the bar side.
- Crystal Palace Saloon – Just inside the doorways on Allen Street
- Old Tombstone Wild West Theme-park – Just inside the entrance-way off of Toughnut Street. It only operates during the daytime hours.
Take a Tombstone Tour on a Stagecoach
Old Timey Stagecoach Tour
- Narrated 20 minute ride takes you through the history of Old Tombstone
- Journey “back in time” in an old time stagecoach, just as they did in the Wild West
- If you have Dave as the driver – he may be! You can be rest assured he is well versed on the local history!
- The other drivers are also well invested in doing a great job, telling you the historic lore during this Tombstone tour.
- Ticket booth located on Allen St., between the O.K. Corral & Tombstone City Park. That’s between 3rd & 4th Streets
- Their Stagecoach leaves out regularly from approximately 10:30 a.m. to late afternoon. Their working schedule is Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays, Vacation Weeks & Special Events. Also some Wednesdays & Thursdays – so watch for them then!
- $10 adults, $5 kids ages 6 & up. Under 6: Free
- Need more details? Call (520) 457-3456
Old Tombstone Historical Tours
- Several ride choices are available. These include a Stagecoach, wagon or a surrey – all horse-drawn
- A 15 minute narration while touring through the historic streets of Tombstone.
- The driver covers the Tombstone historic yore
- Ticket booth on Allen St., just West of 5th St.
- Tickets are $10
- Further information call (520) 457-3018
More About Stagecoaches: CLICK NOW>
Tombstone Trolley Tour
- This tour takes you through areas of town the Stagecoaches don’t cover. So we recommend taking this as well as a stagecoach. It’s a great tour – we love it!
- Runs every day, except Thanksgiving & Christmas
- The ticket booth is at 4th & Toughnut Streets
- They’ve been awarded Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence
- This Tombstone tour runs for about 25 minutes and has one On/Off stop at Boot Hill graveyard
- They give a terrific narration of all the areas you’ll see
- With your ticket, discounts at other local venues are available
- Heated in the winter cold, and they have AC in summer warmth
- See their Facebook page: Click Here>
- Further details, you can call (520) 955-3090
Good Enough Mine Trolley Tour
Stop by Their Office on Toughnut Steet – Across from the South end of 4th.
- Get discounted tickets when you take the excellent Mine Tour – See Now>
- Open for Special Events & on weekends.
- Has been open intermittently at other times, so good idea to check if it’s open.
- What’s great is they cover other areas of the town, history & other local areas, that no tours cover.
- A super pick for those of you returning for a repeat visit.
- But also great for anyone! We’ve taken it & really enjoyed seeing different aspects of town that other in-town tours don’t cover.
Tombstone Walking Tours
- Dr. Jay’s custom two hour Tombstone tour – very popular & enjoyable
- Walk the Tombstone AZ streets where Old West legends have walked.
- Be entertained while being educated!!
- We’ve gone on tour with Dr. Jay and he has a captivating method of explaining the local history!
- Advance Reservations are almost certainly needed.
- Timing can be varied. Sometimes tours are on, being scheduled – sometimes they’re not.
- When tours are available, spots book quickly.
- Best to call for reservation assurance: (520) 457-9876
Good Enough Mine Tour
Every Hour on the Hour – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Good Enough was one of Tombstone’s original mines, established on October 26, 1878
- 501 East Toughnut Street – South End of 5th Street
- Winner of Tripadvisor’s award of “Top 10% Attractions in World for 2020“
- Excellent Tombstone tour by knowledgeable guides
- One of the highest rated Tombstone Attractions
- Try their food truck, with a picnic area
- Tour prices:
- Adults + ages 11 & older – $15
- Seniors & Military – $12
- Children from 8 to 10 years old – $5
- Children under 8 years old are FREE
Toughnut Mine Tour – Now Open! Longer, more in-depth. Inquire by phone or at the ticket booth.
Family Plans – Group Rates – Tombstone Discount Packages Available
Call for details – (520) 457-3333 & any questions
Tombstone Tour of the
Courthouse State Historic Park
This historic 1881 Cochise County Courthouse was built to serve as the County Seat. It’s been restored and is open for self-touring. A fantastic facility with so much to see. Each time we go in this Tombstone tour building, we see something “new” (to our eyes!) and wonderful. Highly recommended.
- At the Southwest corner of Toughnut & 3rd Streets – 223 Toughnut. There is parking alongside, on 3rd.
- Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day except Christmas
- Entry fee:
- Children 6 & under – Free
- Children 7 to 13 – $2
- Everyone 14 years of age & older – $7
- See the reproduction gallows in the courtyard. Original no longer stands – but read who the court sentenced to hanging there!
- The original courtroom is a nice place to take a little break, sitting on a bench
- Many historic interpretive exhibits of varied aspects of the town. From the Earps and saloons to the people who built the town businesses, the fire departments & the schools.
- First-come, first-serve picnic areas are available on the grounds.
- For any further details needed, you can call (520) 457-3311
Tombstone Territory Tours On-the-Go!
Want to know more about how to have the best Tombstone vacation? When you come to Tombstone – yes! It’s a great place to stay and live its Old West history. But near-by, in Southeast Arizona, there’s so much more to do and see.
A lot has to do with the story of the Wild West. There are quite a few Ghost Towns, for instance. But there are beautiful places to explore. Trails to trek. Other historical, quaint and unique towns to visit. Wineries, even! Awesome mountainside vistas to get to know. And fun things to do.
These other types of Tombstone-related tours can get you to those places.
Tombstone Adventure Company
- Family friendly professionally guided trip
- Suitable for ages 8+ years old
- Half-day rock climbing and/or hiking in the Coronado National Forest amidst the Dragoon Mountains
- Or Choose to Explore the Stronghold area
- A Guided light walking/hiking tour
- Or ask about some Other Specialized Experiences
- Your trip is provided by Certified Wilderness First Responder Guides
- They hold Interpretive Certification to provide the best & safest experience possible!
- All abilities and experience levels are accommodated
- For more details, and to arrange a tour, call…
Legend of the West Humvee Tours
- Choose among their two tours on a Humvee 4-wheel drive vehicle
- Try the Ghost Town Trails
- Or select their Off-road Wine Tour Adventure!
- K.C. is your Veteran Owner and Tour Guide
- Email him at [email protected]
- Or just call: (484) 707-7334
Into the West Jeep Tour
- Choose the Ghost Town Tour, the Cottonwood Springs Shootout Tour, or Johnny Ringo’s Grave Tour
- Other options are available for arrangement
- You can also designate a pick-up from your Tombstone hotel
- For more info or reservations call (520) 559-2151
- Or email them at [email protected]