A wide variety of Tombstone motel and lodging choices are available within walking distance to town. Drive a short distance out for even more options. Prices are quite reasonable. Book accommodations to suite your desire: from very basic to unique and deluxe! We’ve a listing for you:
We’re glad you’re coming to town! Are you planning to book a Tombstone AZ motel room? We plan our Tombstone motel tips to help you out.
When coming to town as visitors, most times we’d stay overnight. Often we’d book a Tombstone motel for a few nights. We sampled a number of lodgings. Sometimes now, we’ll try out a Tombstone motel to see how it is. Evaluate it for a review of motels in Tombstone Arizona.
Our family members have also stayed over in Tombstone, at a variety of spots. They’ve given us helpful input, and we’ve included that information.
That’s why we can give you personalized feedback and reviews on Tombstone motels. Watch for tips we sometimes get on lodgings you won’t even find on big hotel search engines. Insider tips on the little bargain places in town!
One thing to remember is that no matter the usual rate - the daily charges increase at many motels during big special events days. Increases of 20%, 30%, or more - depending on the lodging. That's during Wyatt Earp Days, Helldorado Days, Vigilante Days, etc.
You’re sure to find a clean, comfortable Tombstone motel that will fit your own needs, style and budget. One thing we hope you’ll see, and use, is this great Deal App we have here. We use it all the time when we travel. We love it, and that’s why we recommend it to you!
So see how we can help you find your best Tombstone motel deal!
A Tombstone Motel Right in Town
The following choices are within walking distance of “downtown” Tombstone. Always nice to be close to all you want to see and do. Plus if you like to have a few drinks – or take in some night-life, no worries about the drive!
We also have a recommendation of a booking “machine” which we use for all of our trips! After all, we do a lot of traveling ourselves. And we have to keep to our budget, while getting a great place to stay. The best deal site we’ve found, we’re including right here – as our recommendation.
Disclosure – Below is a link on which we earn a small commission if you buy, with no extra cost to you. We recommend it because because we want you to get the same type of savings that we do! Learn more here.
City of Tombstone’s Downtown – Walking Distance
That's Allen Street, where all the main shops and entertainment can be found. Along with the parallel streets of Toughnut and Fremont. Plus the connecting streets: essentially downtown ranges between 3rd St. to 6th St.
Larian Motel – 410 E. Fremont Street. (520) 457-2272
- Nice rooms with the standard type amenities: fridge, coffee-maker, microwave in some, free WiFi
- This Tombstone motel was awarded 2016 Trip-Advisor Certificate of Excellence.
- We’ve stayed here and definitely recommend it.
- Great hosts, comfortable, reasonably priced. Recent renovations & upgrades.
- All one level – no stairs to climb, if you like that. Park right in front of your door!
- CLICK FOR YOUR BOOKING DEAL>
Sage Brush Inn – 227 North 4th Street. (520) 457-2311
- Historic building in an area of wonderful valley views. Vintage – built in early 1947.
- Walking distance to town, family owned.
- Free WiFi, flat-screen TVs with DirecTV. All rooms heated & have AC.
- Themed rooms hosted Hollywood stars in town for early movie productions.
- Great rates! If you’re looking for a good deal in a Tombstone motel, a stay with over-all good to excellent reviews, and a place with character – try this one. After all, you’re not visiting Tombstone to be pampered at the Ritz! You’re here to walk into town to enjoy the sights, interact with locals (try the Crystal Palace) & enjoy the history. This is the place to be!
- Book Your Room NOW – CLICK HERE>
Tombstone Miners’ Cabins – 787 E. Allen St.
- 2 rooms to each cabin. Nice private balconies for each room that overlooks Tombstone Gulch & the old mining area.
- Choose a double room with two double beds or a Queen room with one queen bed (we stayed in that one!)
- Comfy mattress, unique vintage design rooms, full bathroom. Fridge & microwave. AC & heat. No internet/WiFi.
- Close to town, just East of 6th St. Very convenient.
- Questions? Email [email protected]
- Or just plan ahead & Reserve Now!>
Allen Street Inn – 101 E Allen Street. (520) 255-1159
- A small inn very close to town.
- We don’t personally know anyone who’s stayed here. But – Everyone who posts reviews loves it – 5 stars!
- Go ahead and try it? GET YOUR BOOKING NOW>
Tombstone Hotel – 502 E. Fremont Street.
- It has historic Adobe areas dated back to 1879, and is known to have haunted areas!
- Budget is a key word – no luxury here. If you’re looking for a low rate, and not worried about extra amenities, look into this one. That’s what this chain specializes in.
- We’ve stayed here a couple of times, when they were a different chain (Budget Inn). It was fine then. Clean and adequate for our needs. Probably still similar.
T. Miller’s Mercantile Hotel – 530 E. Allen Street. (520) 457-2405
- 4 different rooms with vintage Tombstone related decor
- Billed as “no frills” – in that some normal amenities aren’t in the rooms. A common area is available to all with a kitchen, lounge with a TV and a nice balcony overlooking the action on Allen Street
- Rooms are nice, comfortable, clean with either 1 or 2 queen beds
- 2 of the rooms have a shared bathroom, 2 have a private bath. Private, free off-street parking
- New owner from when it was “The Silver Nugget.” So any reviews for that are no longer applicable
- As we were closing on our house in town, we stayed here in the “Oriental Room.” It was comfortable enough, with it’s own private bath.
- We loved the balcony, being able to relax outside and watch everyone below. I think they could have nicer seating out there though!
Trail Rider’s Inn – 13 N 7th Street. (520) 457-3573
- Very basic motel, rooms are small with 2 Queen-size beds and Western decor
- Parking outside your door
- We’ve stayed here. It was comfortable enough. Some reviews quote the bathroom as small & that is the main flaw, we’d say. We also found the hot water was a little inadequate when we were there, running tepid toward the end of a 2nd shower. That was about 15 years ago – I don’t know if they’ve improved that situation. (If you stay – we’d appreciate your more recent feedback.)
- NOTE – It’s been up for sale! (LOCAL BIZ OPPORTUNITY! ANY TAKERS??) They have RV spaces, but recommend you call ahead to see if they’re available – it seems intermittent.
Other Lodging Types
You may like to economize in certain ways. For instance, by having a breakfast included in the room price. Or – do you like to bring your room with you?
You may have some type of RV or like the camping lifestyle. Maybe you like a full Vacation Rental – just like home! That way you have a kitchen available, and can save by making breakfast in the morning, before heading our for the day. Or having the fixings for packing picnic lunches to take with you!
All of these types of lodgings are available in the Tombstone area. If you prefer that to a Tombstone motel.
We have these options available. Take a look…