Tombstone Campground Choices
You can find tent camping in Tombstone.
A Tombstone campground can help provide you a super budget trip. Is the car-camping lifestyle your choice for vacation journeys? Or even just weekend stay-cation outings?
You may even feel like you're living the life of the rugged old West cowboys, cowgirls and pioneers! Well maybe not quite - as you can access many modern conveniences, even though you're sleeping in a tent!
By the way - do you ever get to the campsite, and realize you forgot something essential? Aaah - that is a pain!! We have a free, super-great checklist you can use, before you set out. Get it - just Click Here!
We used to go tenting, but then upgraded to an RV. But we remember what we liked in a campground when we had a tent. So that's what we keep in mind in our recommendations here. There are a number of places in Tombstone to roll up a deluxe RV.
But where's a Tombstone campground that you can you pitch a tent? Well - we'll show you...
Tombstone Campground Picks
- Walking Distance to Town -
Wells Fargo RV Park - 215 E. Fremont Street (Hwy. 80), 1-800-269-8266
- Grassy tent sites with water, electric & shady trees
- Heated rest rooms with showers
- Roomy laundry room
- Camp store with many necessities
- Free WiFi
- Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates & reservation inquiries
- A best choice for in town - we think, if you're tenting
Stampede RV Park - 201 W Allen Street, Toll Free (866) 409-4778
- Tenting site area is available - but there are no utility hook-ups
- Rate is $19.27/day plus tax
- Available amenities are a rest room & showers, plus a laundry
- A small breakfast restaurant is on site
Find the Stampede's office at the end of the RV pull-thru sites.
Get your key for the Stampede's private rest-rooms, showers & laundry.
Tombstone Area Campgrounds
A Little Driving to Town
Tombstone RV Park & Campground - 1475 Highway 80, milepost 315.5, just inside the city limits
- (520) 457-3829; email@example.com
- Tent sites have picnic tables, grills & fire-rings - no utilities
- Free WiFi, rest-rooms & showers
- Heated pool, playground, rec hall
- Camping store, ice, propane
- Shuttle into downtown Tombstone
- Rate is $25/night
- A really nice choice, all around for tenting
Tombstone Livery Stable - 919 West Highway 82, (520) 457-3559
- This Tombstone campground only has dry camping. Rates available when calling Cowboy Doug, plus get more details - or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It's a unique place - kinda like a dude ranch, so there's lots of activities going on - particularly when there's planned events. But also: horseback riding and a shooting range.
- They're fairly close to town - about 2 miles north of Tombstone
Ramsey Vista Campground - From Sierra Vista, Hwy. 90 South; after it turns into Hwy. 92 South, drive 8 miles and turn right onto Carr Canyon Road. The Campground is 7 miles in, near the end of the road.
- If you're visiting in the Spring, Summer or Fall - you may love this one if you're really into camping.
- It's a beautiful area in Coronado National Forest, in an area of Ponderosa pines, at 7,400 ft. elevation - gorgeous views
- Fees are $10/night by cash/check/money order only.
- No hook-ups, toilet facilities available
- 8 campsite pads (disabled accessible), picnic tables, fire rings
- More details from the Sierra Vista Ranger District (520) 378-0311 - More Here>
- To get to Tombstone from this campground, return along Highways 92 & 90 into Sierra Vista, make a right onto Charleston Road - a 15 to 20 minute drive will get you to town (about 18 more miles).
Benson Campgrounds - About 20 miles from Tombstone
Red Barn Campground - 711 North Madison Avenue, (520) 586-2035 - Benson Exit 304 Off Interstate 10.
- They have a tenting area - some are called primitive sites
- Discount rates for Passport America & Good Sam
- Playgrounds, free WiFi
- Call for more details
Benson KOA - 180 West Four Feathers Lane, (520) 586-3977 - Benson Exit 304 Off Interstate 10.
- 2 types of tenting sites available: no utilities, or with electric
- Picnic table & fire pit, water spout accessible
- Rest-rooms, showers, laundry
- Free WiFi; pool open Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Access to the free camping kitchen with electricity plug-ins & utility sink for dish washing
- Sports field, mini-golf, horse-shoes, playground & more
- Base rate for dry camping is about $29 per night - but call to confirm
- We Know Our Home
- We Can Help You Discover its Best!